When do you need a Surveyor?

Chartered surveyors are professionals who assess the value and condition of a house, commercial premises or construction projects; they help to plan the creation of a new development, and advise you on obtaining planning permission, renovating a property, and environmental issues. There are different types of chartered surveyors and they all belong to the professional body, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, which is online at: www.RICS.org.

You would call in a chartered surveyor if you wanted a valuation for a future or existing project or renovation. Surveyors can value land, buildings, or machinery; normally choosing to specialise in one area of work. For example, Tom Green Surveying & Architectural Services Ltd specialises in commercial and domestic properties and we also work on listed buildings and those of architectural importance across Dorset & Hampshire.

Our key areas of expertise include Party Wall Surveys, Expert witness and Adjudication, CDM coordination, Building Regulation Drawings throughout Hants and Dorset, Dispute Resolution, Project Management, Construction projects and Contract Administration.

As building surveyors based in Poole, Dorset we engage in a wide variety of projects throughout Dorset & Hants which may include surveyors Feasibility Studies, professional surveying services and advice, Building Surveys, Party Wall Matters, Dilapidations Surveys, Party Wall Surveys, Planned Maintenance, surveys for Insurance Reinstatement Works, Building and Condition Surveys, Expert Witness, and Development Appraisal Reports Surveys.

We are also recognised Principal Designers with a qualified Principal Designer who is a registered member of the Association of Project Safety.

In addition to all of these services, as chartered surveyors we can give assistance to companies and individuals in the early stages of design of a construction project, with advice on how to maximise the land available and help to consult with the planning authorities. We will assess the condition of an existing building or site and produce a report for a client, detailing problems (including structural or environmental), potential solutions and their costs.

For more information please Contact Us.